Economic Assistance for San Diego Businesses Affected by COVID-19
To ensure the resiliency of local businesses and assist in job retention, the City of San Diego has established a Small Business Relief Fund (SBRF) to provide grants and forgivable or low- to zero-interest-rate loans to eligible small businesses for working capital. The goal of the SBRF is to help businesses retain employees and sustain continuity of business operations impacted by federal, California, San Diego County and local emergency declarations regarding COVID-19. Approximately $6.1 million is available in the SBRF, which is being administered by the City of San Diego Economic Development Department.
Financial assistance, in the form of grants and loans, will range from $10,000 to $20,000 and will be allocated to eligible, qualified small businesses based on the availability of funds, program guidelines and the submission of all required information and supporting documentation.
Businesses that are NOT eligible to request or receive SBRF financial assistance include, but are not limited to:
- Lending and investment institutions and insurance companies
- Golf courses, race tracks or gambling facilities
- Nonprofit entities
- Businesses engaged in any illegal activity per local, state or federal regulations with federal regulations taking precedence over local or state regulations.
- Home-based businesses
- Chain stores
- Businesses with more than 100 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) employees as of Feb. 28, 2020.
How to Apply
A Small Business Relief Fund Application will be posted on Friday, March 27, 2020 at 5 p.m. PT. The online completion of this form will assist the Economic Development Department staff is assessing the needs of your business and connecting you with the most appropriate resources.
Additional Economic Resources
Businesses are advised to reach out to their nearest Small Business Development Center(link is external) (SBDC), which has developed the Small Business Survival Resources Guide(link is external) to help business owners navigate through the chaos COVID-19 is having on our communities. Download it here(link is external).
Ongoing Food Distributions
Community Through Hope Eucalyptus Park 436 C St, Chula Vista, CA 91910 .
Food Distributions Events
Where to Get Free Diapers in San Diego County
- Chula Vista
- Operation Promise: Distributing diapers and food. Mondays, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Please bring ID. 630 Corte Maria Ave. Contact: 619-381-6717
- Community Through Hope: Open for drive-thru emergency services only. Distributing food and diapers. Call to check updated distribution times each week. On Thursdays, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., line starts to form at 7:30 a.m. 465 C St. Contact: 619-915-7256
- Project 1:1: Beginning in May, third Thursday of the month, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Check Project 1:1’s Facebook for updates. 560 Palomar St. Contact: 619-777-6723
- Chula Vista WIC Office: WIC participants can call to pick up diapers, will need name and family ID # to pick up. 1655 Broadway #18. Contact: 888-942-7942
- San Diego
- San Ysidro
For a full list of diaper distribution lists, you can call San Diego’s 211 hotline or visit their website or visit the San Diego Food and Diaper Bank’s website. Please call ahead to ensure that the service hours and locations are up to date and still operating.
To help families in San Diego County, click here to make a cash donation to the San Diego Diaper Bank.
You can find the latest information on a variety of available local and state resources on my website.